Here's a video I found online that might help you stay more secure...
It can be concluded as :
- You are an important part of the security plan and need to think and act as such.
- Keep you operating system, browser, anti virus and other software updated, automatically if possible.
- Be aware of scams that may come via pop-ups, emails or even phone calls.
- Treat your data with respect and keep it private.
- Double check any websites that offer you great deals, as often those great deals are just scams.
- Make sure any website you are supplying financial data to is secure (https).
- Make your passwords complex, unique and private.
Backup your data.
The only aspect I disagree on is that they mention there are plenty of free options for anti virus software and while that is true, I don't think the free options really make the grade any more.
Have a watch, make some notes and see if you can improve your security!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.